Signature Theatre, one of New York’s leading off-Broadway theatres, is seeking an experienced, creative, and entrepreneurial Patron Program Manager to support Signature’s annual individual fundraising efforts.
Reporting to the Director of Individual Giving & Special Events, this position is responsible for the daily operation and strategic growth of the Patron Program.
- Engage in prospect identification as well as the cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation of Patrons ($500-$5,000).
- Oversee renewals, gift processing, and acknowledgments, and the timely delivery of membership materials.
- Prepare and manage Patron communications, including but not limited to annual appeals, acquisition mailings, and newsletters.
- Maintain personal portfolio of approximately 200 donors.
- Participate in weekly departmental portfolio review.
- Work closely with Major Gifts Officer to move donors through the prospect pipeline and drive upgrades.
- Provide support for department reporting and analytics.
- Collaborate with Project Manager, Individual Giving & Special Events to design and implement Patron cultivation opportunities.
- Help create and manage a new Young Patrons program.
- Attend Development related events, including receptions, opening nights, cultivation dinners, and annual gala.
- Supervise Patron Program Assistant and Patron Hotline.
Signature Theatre is an energetic, fast-paced, and creative environment. To join our team, we require superb written and verbal communication skills, excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work well both independently and with others. Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three to five years development experience required, preferably with a background in the performing arts. Successful event planning and execution experience is desirable. Working knowledge of Tessitura is a plus. Must possess a strong work ethic, have confidence, take initiative and be a self-motivated, enthusiastic team player. The ideal candidate can prioritize multiple simultaneous projects successfully, and can work effectively with trustees, donors, prospects, volunteers, and staff. Evening and weekend hours for performances, opening nights, and Patron events are required.
Please email cover letter and resume with references in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please put ‘Patron Program Manager’ in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Signature Theatre is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation.