We've always enabled our audiences to immerse themselves in a body of work.
At The Pershing Square Signature Center, we take that idea even further by introducing a number of supplemental programs which will allow more intimate and direct access to a playwright’s vision and process. Just as the layout of The Center encourages a dialogue between different plays and audiences, our supplemental programs invite theatregoers to go deeper into the world of a play, and the world of the artists behind it. Learn about a work’s inspiration, ask questions of its creators, and deepen your understanding of the artistic process and the role of a theatre artist at The Center and beyond.
More information, including times and participants, will be announced in the coming weeks. Check back for the most up-to-date information.
Unless noted, all supplemental programs are free and open to the general public.
Signature Cinema: Nora Ephron Series
Sleepless in Seattle
Monday, April 8 at 7:00pm
$8 for Subscribers*, $13 for Non-Subscribers
As part of its commitment to honor and celebrate a writer's body of work, Signature Theatre is thrilled to present the Nora Ephron Series as part of its Signature Cinema program. In Nora Ephron’s second film as director, two destined souls are brought together in this modern classic inspired by the 1957 film An Affair to Remember.
*Subscribers, call the box office to receive your promo code
Old Hats: April 2
The Mound Builders: April 4
The Mound Builders: April 3
Signature Theatre Book Club Meeting
Balm in Gilead by Lanford Wilson
Wednesday, April 10 at 7:30pm
In conjunction with our production of The Mound Builders, our April selection is 2002-03 Playwright-in-Residence Lanford Wilson’s first full-length play, Balm in Gilead.
Join our online book club on Goodreads.com
supplemental program DESCRIPTIONS:
- Talkback Series: A post-show Q&A session with the cast and creative team of a production.
- Backstage Pass: A pre-show discussion with one of the show’s designers.
- Page to Stage: A moderated discussion with members of the Artistic Team
- Signature Cinema: A screening series of movies related to Signature playwrights and productions.
- The World of the Play: A pre-show discussion on a topic or theme related to one of our productions with a team of experts from the field
- The Art of Collaboration: A pre-show conversation between two artistic collaborators
IMAGE: Zachary Quinto in Angels in America by Tony Kushner. Photo by Joan Marcus.