We've always enabled our audiences to immerse themselves in a body of work.
Learn about a work’s inspiration, ask questions of its creators, and deepen your understanding of the artistic process and the role of a theatre artist at The Center and beyond.
Check back for the most up-to-date information. Unless noted, all supplemental programs are free and open to the general public.
How I Learned What I Learned.: November 12 & 26, December 10 & 19
Chéri: November 26, December 3, 10 & 19
The Art of Collaboration
November 14th 6:00pm
The Alice Griffin Jewel Box Theate
Please join us for a pre-show discussion with Director Todd Kreidler. Kreidler worked with Wilson as his dramaturg and directed him in How I Learned What I Learned during its 12-performance run in Seattle.
Page to Stage
Chéri.: December 17 with Chéri collaborators Martha Clarke and Tina Howe
How I Learned What I Learned: November 13 at 6:00pm with Director Todd Kreidler and Lighting Designer Thom Weaver.
Chéri: December 11 at 6:00pm with Scenic and Costume Designer David Zinn.
Signature Theatre Book Club Meeting
Chéri by Colette, translation by Roger Senhouse
December 3 at 7:30pm
In tandem with our world premiere production of Chéri conceived by Martha Clarke, Signature's next book club selection is the novella which inspired the work. Set in Belle Époque Paris, Chéri traces the forbidden love between a young man, the elegant, eponymous Chéri, and a beautiful courtesan nearly twice his age. When Chéri's marriage to a younger woman threatens their fiery affair, he must choose between what he wants and what society demands. Written in 1920, Chéri is a passionate love story by controversial French writer Colette.
Join our online book club on Goodreads.com
supplemental program DESCRIPTIONS:
- Talkback Series: A post-show Q&A session with the cast and creative team of a production.
- Backstage Pass: A pre-show discussion with one of the show’s designers.
- Page to Stage: A moderated discussion with members of the Artistic Team
- Signature Cinema: A screening series of movies related to Signature playwrights and productions.
- The World of the Play: A pre-show discussion on a topic or theme related to one of our productions with a team of experts from the field
- The Art of Collaboration: A pre-show conversation between two artistic collaborators
IMAGE: Zachary Quinto in Angels in America by Tony Kushner. Photo by Joan Marcus.