Signature Theatre, one of New York’s leading off-Broadway theatres, is seeking a Graphics & Content Coordinator to join our Marketing team.
Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation.
Preference is given to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Founded in 1991, Signature Theatre celebrates playwrights and gives them an artistic home, producing six to eight productions annually. In 2005 Signature began its groundbreaking Signature Ticket Initiative, providing subsidized, affordable tickets to all of its productions. In 2012, Signature opened the Pershing Square Signature Center, the Frank Gehry-designed 75,000 square foot Center featuring three theatres, two rehearsal studios, a central, public lobby with a café and bookstore, as well as administrative offices.
The Graphics & Content Coordinator is a full-time, benefits eligible position within the Marketing Department and reports directly to the Assistant Director of Marketing, with secondary reporting to the Director of Marketing, Communications & Engagement. The position facilitates the production of all creative content produced by the department and external vendors and works closely with other departments to coordinate institutional and production-specific content development.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and manage production deadlines for all print and digital collateral across the organization, including Artistic, Development, Marketing, and Audience Services.
- Maintain and participate in the further development brand visual identity across all mediums
- Manage and facilitate the development of key artwork and lobby display in collaboration with the Director of Marketing and members of the Artistic department
- Execute iterations of key artwork including but not limited to digital screens, postcards, posters, digital display, website graphics, building signage, merchandise, and more.
- Execute design for email blasts with external vendors, and work in collaboration with Digital Design and Strategy Manager to develop internal email newsletter
- Photograph and provide support at events including but not limited to opening nights and meet and greets; retouch and maintain organization of photograph archive
- Collaborate with and provide support for Digital Media Associate on digital content, including set up and operating cameras
- Facilitate Playbill program production throughout the run of each show
- Manage relationships with printers and outside vendors
We are looking for candidates who consider themselves to be:
- Highly organized with attention to detail, and a penchant for creating guidelines
- Naturally talented in design and visualization, with an eye for detail
- Curious and innovative, with the desire to continually learn
- Experienced in balancing multiple deadlines and competing priorities
- An enthusiastic collaborator with artists and staff alike
- Skilled in interpreting ideas, communicating them, and executing with creativity
- Passionate about the supporting artists and the performing arts in a mission-driven environment
We prefer candidates who possess:
- Graphic design execution experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
Primary criteria to be considered for an interview are:
- A minimum 1 year of graphics or content creation within a creative environment
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Proficiency in Adobe applications Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator; familiarity with Lightroom, AfterEffects, and Premiere a plus
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Experience with DSLR photography; experience with videography a plus
Employee benefits of this position are:
- Eligibility to participate in medical, dental, vision insurance plans, and in an accident benefit plan; all with employee and Signature contributions as defined by the respective plans
- Flexible spending plans for medical, dental, dependent care and commuting costs
- Eligibility to participate in an employee contributed 401(k) retirement savings plan with a matching contribution, after one year of service
- 10 vacation days annually, prorated during the first year of employment; 9 paid holidays; religious holidays when needed; up to 5 sick days
- Group life, short term and long term disability insurance and access to an EAP (Employee Assistance Plan), provided by Signature
- A pair of complimentary tickets to Signature productions
- Eligibility for complimentary tickets which may be provided to Signature employees as a courtesy by other producers
- A discount on Signature Shop purchases and at Signature’s Café and Bar, both located in the lobby
- A spacious, pleasant, collegial work environment
- Excellent opportunity to see, experience and appreciate some of the finest works of theatrical art
Please email cover letter and resume with references (all attached in PDF format) to email@example.com. Please include “Graphics & Content Coordinator” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please. For more information about Signature, visit: www.signaturetheatre.org.
Signature Theatre, one of New York’s leading off-Broadway theatres, is seeking a full-time General Management Assistant.
Founded in 1991, Signature celebrates playwrights and gives them an artistic home, producing six to eight productions annually. In 2005, Signature began its groundbreaking Signature Ticket Initiative, providing subsidized, affordable tickets to all of its productions. In 2012, Signature opened the Pershing Square Signature Center, the Frank Gehry-designed 75,000 square foot Center featuring three theatres, two rehearsal studios, a central, public lobby with a café and bookstore, as well as administrative offices.
Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theatre field and aligning with the theatre’s institutional goals and priorities focused on playwrights, community and access are strongly encouraged to apply.
Signature is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and welcomes candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for underrepresented communities.
The General Management Assistant reports directly to the Associate General Manager and assists with the daily operations of Signature Theatre and The Pershing Square Signature Center (the “Center”) with a focus on venue and resource management. As a key member of the general management and rentals team the General Management Assistant facilitates cross-departmental communications around productions, rentals and events at the Center.
- Support the general management and rentals department as directed by the Associate General Manager and General Manager
- Draft and execute contracts
- Manage all rehearsal studio rentals, including contracting, arranging resources and security access, and liaising across departments to fulfill day-to-day requests
- Provide venue support as needed for Center rentals
- Manage space reservation system (Artifax) for all Signature related activity and Center rentals
- Manage and update Signature’s internal schedules
- Process and reconcile rental payments, ticket settlements, security deposit returns, and check requests
- Organize, maintain, and order supplies for Signature’s administrative office
- Answer main administrative office phone line and direct calls
- Greet and direct administrative office guests
- Accept, sort, and distribute all deliveries and mail
Candidates should possess the following:
- Exemplary multi-tasking, prioritization, and follow-through skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with a diverse range of personalities, and ability to anticipate and manage needs
- Efficient problem-solving ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Limited morning, evening, and weekend availability required as needed. Candidates with experience in general management, company management, or rental management, are preferred. This is a full-time, non-exempt, salaried position with benefits. Benefits include group health, dental, and vision plans, as well as the opportunity to participate in flexible spending, commuter and 401(k) plans.
Please email a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please type GENERAL MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT in the subject line.
No phone calls please. For more information on Signature, please visit www.signaturetheatre.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, affectional preference, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health decisions, pregnancy, disability, genetic predisposition, age, military or veteran status, marital or familial status, or any other protected characteristic, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Signature Theatre, one of New York's leading Off-Broadway theatres, is seeking a Production Manager to help us on a project basis beginning immediately. The Production Manager will be assigned a specific production in our season and report to our Director of Production.
In this temporary role, the Production Manager oversees all production aspects for a show from design through its execution and subsequent run. The Production Manager plays an integral part in the design and execution of all production elements working closely with a diverse artistic Team which includes the Design Team, the Director and the Playwright. Working together with Signature Theatre’s Artistic Line Producer the two work to ensure a cost effective and timely delivery of all production elements. The Production Manager will also ensure a proper maintenance schedule is created and maintained for all production elements during the run of each production.
- In conjunction with the Artistic Line Producer maintain open communications between Designers, Director and Department Supervisors throughout the design and bid process
- Work collaboratively with Artistic Line Producer, Designer and Department Supervisors to achieve the highest possible artistic standards within the available budget.
- Work with Department Supervisors on the logistics of planning, organization and scheduling for load in, tech, run and load out of each production
- Work with Design Team and Artistic Line Producer to determine run crew needs and works with Department Supervisors to hire all run crew
- Create the schedules for load in, work calls during technical and preview rehearsals, and load out for each production
- Oversee the load in and load out of each production and make sure deadlines and schedules are met
- Keep in touch with the Production Stage Manager during rehearsals and run to ensure all needs are met within the available budget.
- Actively communicate with all Signature Theatre departments as necessary about developments in the process that may affect them.
- Coordinate production elements for all ancillary events such as Page to Stage, Talk Backs, and other supplementary programs for each production
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years of Production Management or equivalent experience in the managing of production elements from concept to execution. The ideal candidate would also have strong communication, organization, time management and collaborative skills.
This is a temporary position, paid a weekly salary. The position would not be benefits eligible. Preference is given to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Please email a single .pdf file containing your cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com. Please include “Production Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Signature Theatre is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation.
Signature Theatre is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.