Signature Theatre, one of New York’s leading off-Broadway theatres, is seeking an experienced, creative, and entrepreneurial Director of Individual Giving and Development Operations to supervise Signature’s annual individual fundraising efforts.
The Director of Individual Giving and Development Operations will be responsible for overseeing the successful execution of a rapidly-growing Patron Program and all of its commensurate benefit fulfillment, and coordinating Major Gift fundraising, including Moves Management practices and development of cultivation strategies; managing the Tessitura database operations; overseeing the solicitation and acknowledgement process for all Individual donors; developing multi-channel annual appeals in conjunction with Marketing; and is responsible for any other Individual Giving activities that may arise. This position reports to the Director of Development and supervises an Individual Giving team of three.
This is a full-time position, starting immediately. Salary is commensurate with experience, and benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, FSA and 401(k) plans.
- Overseeing all Individual Giving fundraising strategies and execution (including prospecting/research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship)
- Utilizing the Tessitura database to implement effective and efficient procedures and training for the whole Development department
- Steering the Major Gifts program and working closely with internal and external leadership on cultivation strategies and portfolio management for the Major Gifts pipeline
- Supervising the creation and distribution of all Patron communications and collateral
- Participating in the execution of department events, ranging from Patron cultivation activities to the annual gala
- Providing Development revenue and projection reporting for Individual Giving fundraising
Working with, and supporting the activities of the Board of Trustees Development Committee and Patron Program Chair to grow Individual contributed income Candidates must be highly organized, detail- and deadline-oriented, and should hold a Bachelor’s degree, or above.
Candidates should also possess at least five to ten years of progressively responsible experience in Development, with experience in Major Gifts fundraising. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated management and leadership skills, and possess a high degree of comfort interacting with donors at all levels. Preference is given to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity, and inclusion. Candidates should be adept at using MS Office tools as well as donor database systems, preferably Tessitura.
Please email cover letter and resume with references in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put ‘Director of Individual Giving’ in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Signature Theatre is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation.