Signature Theatre, one of New York’s leading off-Broadway theatres, is seeking a Front of House Manager. The Front of House Manager serves as a Lobby Captain for the theatre’s public spaces, which connect the Center’s three theatres and features a café, bar and bookstore. This part time position reports to the Audience Services Manager and Senior Front of House Manager, and is an integral part of introducing and maintaining the culture of The Pershing Square Signature Center to Signature’s subscribers, general audiences and interested visitors.
The hours for this position include nights and weekends with some additional daytime attendance necessary for periodic meetings.
- Monitoring lobby traffic and reporting and responding quickly to issues, inclusive but not limited to security, custodial, lighting, sound and space management.
- Overseeing the flow of the lobby, making sure guests are engaged and using facilities as they have been designed to be used.
- Ensuring the public space is welcoming to all visitors.
- Orchestrating the delivery of instructions and information to the public in a clear and friendly way.
- Responsible for the set-up, storage and care of front of house equipment for nightly performances, as well as events planned by Signature Theatre and rental clients.
- Working closely with House Managers to troubleshoot all ticket problems and patron complaints.
- Assisting with special projects as needed.
- Oversee front of house greeters.
- Scheduling volunteer ushers.
- Keep company informed of trends and tendencies of the crowds visiting the space.
- Way finding strategy and management.
- Thorough knowledge of Signature’s emergency preparedness and evacuation procedures as they relate to all persons within the venue.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Experience with or enthusiasm for interacting with the public.
- Exemplary customer service and communication skills .
- Abilities to creatively problem solve and anticipate needs.
- Experience with a performance venue, restaurant or large public retail space a plus.
- Positive outlook with a demonstrated ability to work effectively both formally and informally amongst a diversity of communities and cultures.
Please email cover letter and resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org
. The subject of your email should read: Front of House Manager. No phone calls please.
Signature Theatre is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation.
Signature Theatre is seeking to fill the following over-hire production positions at the The Pershing Square Signature Center:
- Scenic Painters
- Props Shoppers and Artisans
- AV Technicians
These are on-going, hourly wage positions. Candidates should have a well-rounded production background, in addition to the necessary skills and experience in the fields of which they are applying.
Please email cover letter and resume with references to email@example.com. Please put ‘Overhire’ in the subject line. E.O.E. No phone calls please.